Plant Based Drug Destruction Burn
Pope/Douglas operates a convenient program to destroy plant based drugs and related paraphernalia. This program is for law enforcement agencies and medical cannabis manufacturers.
Households and others may dispose of plant-based and other controlled-substance drugs in well-sealed bags and placed inside household drug disposal drop boxes.
Drug Burns ONLY Accepted Tuesdays and Wednesdays
Set Up A New Account
- Complete MPCA Household Pharmaceutical Collection Site License Application
- Set up collection container(s) and provide education to residents to gather items for destruction
Law Enforcement Guidance Document
- Contact Pope/Douglas Solid Waste to set up drug burn account. Await for approval from Pope/Douglas.
Disposal Preparation and Transport
- Delivery of drug/items must be done in manageable sized boxed (like filing boxes).
- No loose or bagged up drugs/items accepted.
- No steel or fiber drums accepted.
- Prefer taped boxes (and bottom/bottom sides of boxes) to prevent leakage of contents.
- To prevent content leakage, the use of an inner bag placed inside the box provides containment.
- 50 lb per box maximum weight. (Limit boxes to 16″x16″x20″)
- Box size/type used for transport and unloading
- QuestarUSA Labpacker 20 (and smaller) boxes are acceptable.
- Paper ream paper size boxes and similar type also acceptable.
- For quick unload, stacking boxes on a shrink wrapped pallet is acceptable.
- Failure to follow the guidelines and protocols established will result in additional disposal costs and/or rejection of materials received for disposal. Any unacceptable materials received for disposal shall be returned to the party delivering materials.
Drug Burns ONLY Accepted Tuesdays and Wednesdays by appointment
Thank you in cooperating with the packaging standards as boxes are unloaded manually/safety reasons
Plant Based/Organic Drugs and Related Paraphernalia
Tip Fee: $150.00 flat fee (per transaction, NOT per collection site)
+ $.50 / lb tip fee (based on actual weight of all filled boxes)
+ 17% State Tax (based on 17% State Solid Waste Management Tax)
NO Charge for Local Law Enforcement items generated in Pope/Douglas Counties.
Pope and Douglas County Drug Drop Boxes
Household drug drop boxes are located throughout Pope and Douglas Counties for residents to safely dispose of unwanted or expired drugs/pharmaceuticals.