Pope/Douglas will be constructing the Environmental Center spring of 2022.
This facility will serve the growing recycling and problem material management needs of Pope and Douglas counties.
To help make this happen, Pope/Douglas secured CAP bonding funds through the 2020 MN Legislative Session.
Household Hazardous Waste
- Household Hazardous Waste
- VSQG - Business Hazardous Waste
- Battery Recycling
- Motor Oil/Filter Recycling
- Vegetable Oil Recycling
- Fluorescent Bulb Recycling
Recycling & Problem Materials
- Single Sort Recycling
- Cardboard Recycling
- Bagged Garbage
- Mattress Recycling
- Bulky Furniture
- Appliance Recycling
- Electronics Recycling
- Styrofoam Recycling
- Carpet Recycling (pending Legislation)
- Scrap Metal Recycling
Waste Education & Administration
- This part of the campus expansion consists of a joined Environmental Center & Operations Building.
- Dedicated learning space to host school tours, community gatherings, environmental & safety trainings.
- Accommodation for Joint Solid Waste Board functions.
- Administrative and support office space.
Questions about this facility?
Reach out and a member of our team will be in touch!