Pope/Douglas has recently completed construction of the regional Glacial Ridge Compost Facility.
This facility will serve the composting needs of Douglas, Pope, Grant, Stevens, and Otter Tail counties. Additional counties would be welcomed to participate in the organics recycling program and should contact Pope/Douglas for additional information.
Pilot 1: 2017-2019
- Organics collection began for several schools and businesses in Pope & Douglas Counties
- Several community organics drop sites were developed
Phase 1: 2020
- Construction of an Organics Transfer Station to serve the 5 county regional organics partnership
- Capacity for up to 1,000 tons/year
Phase 2: 2021/2022
- Site is permitted to process up to 15,000 tons/year within 10-15 years (projected)
- Initial build-out designed to process 2,500 tons/year
- Construction of an Organics Processing Facility
Questions about this facility?
Reach out and a member of our team will be in touch!