Business Confidential Burn
We operate a convenient burn program to assist businesses with their confidential and/or sensitive documents.
Confidential and/or sensitive documents are dumped directly into a waste combustor for direct waste to energy combustion.
Packing and Scheduling Guidelines
Items accepted under the Business Confidential Burn Program include materials such as:
- Tax forms
- Business records
- Items deemed “confidential”
- Items deemed “proprietary”
- Human Resource/employee documents
- Evaluate the materials you would like incinerated.
- Box up materials for incineration. Boxes will be incinerated.
- Delivery of confidential materials must be done in manageable sized boxed (like filing boxes).
- No loose or bagged up materials are accepted.
- No steel or fiber drums accepted.
- 50 lb per box maximum weight. (Limit boxes to 16″x16″x20″)
- Failure to follow the guidelines and protocols established will result in additional disposal costs and/or rejection of materials received for disposal. Any unacceptable materials received for disposal shall be returned to the party delivering materials.
- Email, at least 1 week in advance, to schedule a drop-off
- Drop off days are every Wednesday: 9:00, 10:00, 11:00, 1:00, 2:00, 3:00
- Indicate the county (state and/or country of generation)
- Planned facility outages or maintenance may restrict deliveries throughout the year
- Check in/sign in at Scale House (2004 Nokomis Street in Alexandria)
- Specify whether a payment will be made on day of burn or prefer to be invoiced bill
- Include contact name/business/phone number and billing address at time of scheduling appointment via email
Paper Shredding Options
Residents and Businesses of Pope and Douglas Counties who require paper shredding service can contact one of the providers below.
PDSWM does not offer shredding service – only onsite destruction via incineration.