Pope/Douglas accepts pesticide wastes from farms, agricultural and pesticide applicator businesses. This program is sponsored by the MN Dept of Agriculture.
Drop off is at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
- Pesticides including:
- Rodenticides (rat poisons)
- Liquids, powders, baits, paste and aerosol formulations are accepted
Items Not Accepted
Some items are not deemed to be hazardous and should not be dropped off.
Unacceptable items drive up the cost of the program.
Items that are not accepted:
- Pesticide rinsate
- Tank mix
- Crop Oils
- Treated Seed
- Contaminated soil
- Empty containers. (Empty Containers should be triple rinsed and recycled)
- Program participation is free.
- Call ahead to give us warning for delivery of very large quantities of pesticides.
- Not able to accept containers larger than 55 gallons.
- Call ahead for free disposal options (containers larger than 55 gallons/mini-bulk/totes).