ACE Hardware In Glenwood
Ace Hardware in Glenwood has partnered with Pope/Douglas to offer more opportunities.
Pope/Douglas County residents may drop the items off below (at no additional cost) year-round at the Ace Hardware in Glenwood.
- Interior/Exterior architectural paints: latex, acrylic, water-based, alkyd, oil-based, enamel
- Deck coatings, floor paints (including elastomeric)
- Primers, sealers, undercoaters
- Stains, shellacs, lacquers, varnishes, urethanes (not 2 part)
- Waterproofing concrete/masonry/wood sealers and repellents (not tar or bitumen-based)
- Metal coatings, rust preventatives
- Field and lawn paints
- Fluorescent tubes, CFL’s/compact fluorescent screw-in or push-in bulbs, ‘U’ fluorescent bulbs, circular fluorescent bulbs, fluorescent shatter shield bulbs, fluorescent projector bulbs, HID/shop/farm yard bulbs.
- Bulbs not accepted: incandescent bulbs, auto lamps, LED bulbs or halogen bulbs.
- Alkaline/non-rechargeable batteries may be disposed of in your regular trash.
- Button (wrist watch and hearing aid type)
- Car/auto/marine/sealed lead acid
- Rechargeable Batteries (Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li-Ion)
- Bring in ALL Batteries for proper recycling, except the ‘Alkaline’ type batteries.
ALL other household hazardous waste items must be brought to the permanent Hazardous Waste Facility in Alexandria or mobile hazardous waste drop off events.
Mobile Drop Off Events
Pope/Douglas Solid Waste operates a mobile household hazardous waste (hhw) collection trailer. The trailer is used, in conjunction with, community cleanup events that occur in many cities and towns throughout Pope and Douglas Counties.
This is a service that is available to all household residents of Pope and Douglas Counties.