Maintenance Technician employees work in the (WTE) Waste-to-Energy Facility.
Weekly Rotating Shift
Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m. and overtime as necessary
Monday – Friday, 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m. and overtime as necessary
When scheduled, on-call 24 hours a day (need to be at facility within one hour of being called in)
NATURE OF WORK
• Implement and participate in a preventive and corrective maintenance program, encompassing the overall WTE, MRF, and Ash Landfill building, equipment, and grounds.
- Under the general direction of the Maintenance Manager and Maintenance – Safety Planner, this position maintains and repairs equipment encompassing the overall facility.
Examples of Work
• Performs corrective and preventative maintenance tasks on boilers, incinerators, pumps, ancillary equipment, MRF equipment, and landfill equipment
• Responsible for implementation of directives issued by the Maintenance Manager on maintenance and repair activities.
• Recommend procedures and schedules of maintenance activities to the Maintenance Manager.
• Troubleshoot and repair of all WTE equipment.
• Troubleshoot and repair of control, power circuits, and instrumentation.
• Perform welding repairs.
• Responsible for repair and maintenance of the facilities, building, and equipment.
• Assist in the inventory control of spare parts.
• Maintain records and produce reports on machinery history, equipment status, and building conditions.
• Performs other related work as assigned.
Education, Experience & Abilities Required
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Experience in the maintenance of heavy industrial mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Possess the ability to understand you read (good reading comprehension skills).
- Possession of or the capability of obtaining a valid Minnesota 1st Class A boiler license.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds
- Must be able to climb ladders and steps
- Must be able to withstand extreme temperatures
- Must be able to wear a respirator
- Must be able to work in confined space areas.
$31.418 - $38.504 Hourly with a Minnesota 1st Class A boiler license $29.690 - $36.602 Hourly without a Minnesota 1st Class A boiler license