Household Confidential Burn
We operate a convenient household confidential burn program to assist residents of Pope and Douglas Counties with their confidential and/or sensitive documents.
Documents are dumped directly into a waste combustor for direct waste to energy incineration.
Materials are not sent through the Materials Recycling Facility (MRF).
Packaging and Drop-Off Guidelines
- Evaluate the materials you would like incinerated.
- Bag up materials for incineration. Bags will be incinerated.
- Only plastic ‘grocery store style’ bags accepted.
- Bags must be tied shut.
- Up to three (3) bags per household per day.
- No loose or boxed up materials will be accepted.
- Failure to follow the guidelines and protocols established will result in additional disposal costs and/or rejection of materials received for disposal. Any unacceptable materials received for disposal shall be returned to the party delivering materials.
- Bring BAGGED “confidential” papers to the Main Office.
- Drop off days are M-F 8:00-12:00 AND 1:00-4:00 (closed on major holidays).
- LARGE quantities will be processed under the Business Confidential Burn Program.
This program is only available to households that reside in Pope and Douglas Counties.
Program is offered at no additional cost.
Paper Shredding Options
Residents of Pope and Douglas Counties who require paper shredding service can contact one of the providers below.
Pope/Douglas does not offer shredding service – only onsite destruction via incineration.