Household Bulb Recycling
Those with 50 bulbs or less may drop them off Monday – Friday from 8 AM to 12 noon and 1PM – 4 PM.
Drop off is at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility.
Bulbs accepted: fluorescent tubes, CFL’s/compact fluorescent screw-in or push-in bulbs, ‘U’ fluorescent bulbs, circular fluorescent bulbs, fluorescent shatter shield bulbs, fluorescent projector bulbs, HID/shop/farm yard bulbs.
Bulbs not accepted: incandescent bulbs, auto lamps, LED bulbs or halogen bulbs.
Participating Power Utilities
Residents who have Agralite Electric Cooperative, Lake Region Cooperative Electric Association (LREC), Alexandria Light and Power (ALP), Runestone Electric Association (REA), Todd-Wadena Cooperative, and Xcel Energy may recycle their fluorescent bulbs at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility or recycling partners free of charge.
Pope/Douglas manages the program and the Power Utilities pay for recycling of the bulbs.
Pope/Douglas Bulb Drop-off Participating Locations
Pope/Douglas has worked with the locations below to set up free bulb recycling as part of the Pope/Douglas Cooperative Bulb Recycling Program. Recycle bulbs for free at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility or locations below.
- Ace Hardware – Glenwood – CFL’s/HID’s/Fluorescent Tubes at no additional cost.
- Tom Kraemer Inc. – CFL’s/HID’s/Fluorescent Tubes at no additional cost.
Other Bulb Recycling Options
Besides bulb recycling at Pope/Douglas or recycling partner locations; there are additional options.
Fees may exist at some locations.
- Menards – CFL/Compact Fluorescent Lights ONLY recycling for FREE.
- Hardware Stores – Many hardware stores accept CFL’s/HID’s/Fluorescent Tubes for a nominal fee.
- Alex Rubbish and Recycling – CFL’s/HID’s/Fluorescent Tubes for a nominal fee.
- Xcel Energy’s Responsible By Nature site has a look-up of hardware stores in the state who also recycle bulbs for free or for a fee.
Ottertail Power Customers
Have Ottertail Power?
Ottertail Power Customers are encouraged to contact Ottertail Power for bulb recycling options.
Ottertail Power does not currently participate in the Pope/Douglas Cooperative Bulb Recycling Program at this time. Ottertail Power website.