Some batteries contain heavy metals and need to be recycled.
Do not toss most batteries in your regular garbage.
See below for a list of batteries that need to be recycled.
Battery Types To Recycle
- Alkaline, AA, AAA, C and D (Non-Rechargeable) batteries may be disposed of in your regular trash.
- Button Batteries (wrist watch and hearing aid type) accepted in HHW Facility.
- Car batteries are accepted at the Recycling Center.
- Lead Batteries (small, sealed Lead/Pb batteries) accepted in HHW Facility.
- Lithium Batteries accepted in HHW Facility.
- Rechargeable Batteries (Ni-Cd, Ni-MH, Li-Ion) accepted in HHW Facility.
- Bring in ALL Batteries for proper recycling, except the ‘Alkaline’ type batteries.