Large Quantity Bulb Recycling Program
Businesses with more than 50 bulbs must fill out the recycling form below. The bulbs must be counted by bulb type.
Bulb recycling is offered at no additional charge to the business.
Drop off/bulbs are staged for the recycling vendor pickup at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility/parking lot.
Bulb drop-off is scheduled every 2 months
- Remaining 2019 date: November 19
- 2020 dates: January 21, March 17, May 19, July 21, Sept 15, Nov 17
Participating Power Utilities
Residents and businesses who have Agralite Electric Cooperative, Lake Region Cooperative Electric Association (LREC), Alexandria Light and Power (ALP), Runestone Electric Association (REA), and Xcel Energy may recycle their fluorescent bulbs at the Pope/Douglas Household Hazardous Waste Facility or recycling partners free of charge.
Pope/Douglas manages the program but does not pay any of the fees involved.
Bulb Recycling Preparation for Drop-Off
Businesses with more than 50 bulbs must fill out the recycling form below.
- Send form to Pope/Douglas at least 1 week prior to the scheduled drop off day.
- Businesses will receive confirmation upon form submittal.
- The bulbs must be counted by bulb type. Do not tape bulbs together.
Need Lamp Barrels for easy internal collection and transport to recycling day? Lamp Barrel Ordering Information
Fill out recycling form below.